Canine physical rehabilitation therapy is the treatment of an injury, illness, or post-surgical care for dogs to decrease pain and restore function and mobility. In canine rehabilitation therapy, we look at the entire animal, focusing not only on the obvious problem, but the compensatory issues that develop as a result of the initial problem. The owner, pet and physical therapists will form a dynamic team engaged in improving the quality of life of the pet and keep them fit, active, and pain free.
Dr. Waite, our rehabilitation therapist offer the following services for your pet:
- A full comprehensive evaluation with musculoskeletal and neurological assessment.
- Hydrotherapy in an underwater treadmill
- Manual Therapies (Joint Mobilizations, Massage, Myofascial Tissue Release…)
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Customized therapeutic home exercise and activity program to treat your pets condition
- Alternative Pain Management
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation and TENS Therapy
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Cryotherapy / Heat Therapy
- Splinting, Bracing, Orthotic and Prosthetic Fittings
- Wheelchair Fittings
- Sports Physicals with Strength and Fitness Training