Surgery for Dogs and Cats in Colorado Springs, CO
When your pet requires advanced surgery, it’s important to know that Powers Pet Emergency and Specialty has extensive veterinary surgery expertise and state-of-the-art surgical facilities.
Contributing to our success is the investment we’ve made in sophisticated diagnostic imaging technology that enables us to provide an accurate diagnosis, extremely precise pre-surgical planning and careful postoperative management.
Lee Wilwerding, DVM
Jeremiah Moorer, DVM, Diplomate ACVS
The Pet Surgical Services We Offer in Colorado Springs
Here at Powers, we offer a full range of surgical services, including:
- Orthopedic surgery to repair conditions such as fractures and other musculoskeletal injuries, cruciate ligament tears, and hip and elbow dysplasia
- Soft-tissue surgery on internal organs, skin and muscle
- Cardiothoracic/cardiopulmonary surgery to treat heart and lung issues
- Cancer surgery (surgical oncology) to remove malignant and benign tumors
- Reconstructive surgery to restore form and function after trauma or cancer surgery
- Emergency and trauma surgery is available 24/7
Your Pet’s Comfort And Safety Are Our Top Priorities
Our animal hospital in Colorado Springs is designed for your pet’s comfort and safety, with such features as:
- Modern, fully equipped surgical suites that offer the most advanced surgical and monitoring equipment
- A state-of-the-art intensive care unit (ICU) should your pet require this level of care after surgery
- Anesthesia tailored to your pet’s unique needs, with careful monitoring before, during and after surgery
- Around-the-clock after-care by skilled and caring veterinarians and veterinary technicians
- Today’s most advanced pain management techniques to keep your pet comfortable throughout the process
Your Peace Of Mind Is Important To Us
We understand that having your pet undergo surgery can be stressful. That’s why:
- We'll go over the procedure with you in advance so you fully understand what to expect
- We'll call you with a status report as soon as your pet is out of the operating room and in recovery (or discuss it with you in person if you stayed onsite during the procedure)
- We’ll also keep your primary care veterinarian informed during your pet's hospitalization and recovery
What To Expect After Surgery
After surgery, we’ll continue to monitor your pet closely to make sure they’re stable and resting comfortably. Some patients will need to stay in our ICU for 24 hours or more post-operatively.
While your pet’s recovery begins here at Powers, you’ll provide a great deal of their after-care at home. Our surgery team will give you detailed instructions at discharge, and we’re always just a phone call away if you have questions.
If your pet has undergone orthopedic surgery or another procedure for which post-operative rehabilitation would be beneficial, we’ll discuss this with you in advance.
Post-op orthopedic rehab treatment packages, designed especially for your pet’s needs, are available for a discounted rate when purchased at the time of surgery. We also offer aqua therapy (underwater treadmill) as well as acupuncture packages.